Robert H. Silverstein, Partner
Professional Memberships and Licenses
- Appraisal Institute: MAI
and SRA designations
- Connecticut General Appraiser Certification No. 0000565
- Rhode Island General Appraiser Certification No. A00296G
- New York General Certification No. 22216
- Connecticut Real Estate Brokers License 630500
- MBA, University of Connecticut, 1981
- BA, University of Connecticut, 1973
Real Estate Experience
- Full-time appraiser with Silverstein Agency 1975-1981
- Partner, Miner & Silverstein Appraisal Company, 1981
- Partner, Miner & Silverstein, LLP, 1997
Property Types Appraised
- Completed over 1,500 written appraisals throughout Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode
Island on most types of residential, commercial and industrial real estate; as well as
valuations of small businesses; plus participated as review or co-appraiser on over 7,000
- Appeared and testified as an expert witness in Superior Court, States of Connecticut and
New York, and United States Federal Court. Testified before numerous Tax Review Boards and
Planning and Zoning Commissions.
- Instructor of Real Estate Appraisal I (Residential Property) and II (Income Property),
University of Connecticut, Non-Credit Extension, since 1981.
- Instructor of Real Estate Appraisal Seminars sponsored by local real estate brokers.
- Partial takings by governmental authority; Taking of development rights by governmental
authority; Leased fee and leasehold interests; Highest and Best Use analysis;
Lease-Purchase analysis; Market value subject to limited marketing time; Investment
Analysis, before tax and after tax analysis; Condominium Conversion Feasibility; Shopping
Center Feasibility; Neighborhood Impact Studies; Valuation of Conservation Easements.
Real Estate Courses
- Real Estate Principles and Practices, Connecticut Association of Realtors.
- Real Estate Financing, University of Connecticut Extension
- Building Cost Estimating, University of Connecticut Extension
- Introduction to Real Property Appraising, Society of Real Estate Appraisers, Course 101
- Principles of Income Property Appraising, Society of Real Estate Appraisers, Course 201
- Applied Income Property Valuation, Society of Real Estate Appraisers, Course 202
- Single Family Appraisal, American Institute of Real Estate Appraisers, Course VIII
- Case Studies in Real Estate Valuation, American Institute of Real Estate Appraisers,
- Course 2-1
- Valuation Analysis and Report Writing, Course 2-2, American Institute of Real Estate
- Standards of Professional Practice, Course 2-3, American Institute of Real Estate
- Litigation Valuation, American Institute of Real Estate Appraisers, Course IV
- Real Estate Finance and Investment, University of Connecticut, MBA Program
- Introduction to Urban Land Economics, University of Connecticut, MBA Program
- Special Topics in Real Estate Finance and Investment, University of Connecticut, MBA
- Fundamentals of Real Estate Investment and Taxation, Commercial Investment Course
- 101, Realtors National Marketing Institute
- Appraising Apartments; Appraising Condominiums; Valuations of Leases and Leasehold
Interests; Applications of Market Extractions; Narrative Report Writing; Tax
Considerations in Real Estate Transactions; Feasibility and Investment Analysis;
Marketability and Market Analysis; Marshall Valuation Cost Service; FHLMC/FNMA Form
Preparation; Condominium Development and Conversion; Business Valuation I and II; Nursing
Home Valuation; Hotel/Motel Valuation; How to Appraise FHA Property; Rates, Ratios and
Reasonableness; Standards of Professional Practice, Parts A and B; Appraising Troubles
Properties; Depreciation Analysis; Subdivision Analysis, How to Appraise FHA Property.
- Adjunct Faculty Member: University of Connecticut
- Member: Fair Housing Task Force, City of New London, Conn.
- Member: Beta Gamma Sigma, National Honorary Business Society
- Member: Rotary Club of New London
To discuss your appraisal or consulting needs, contact Robert Silverstein, MAI, MBA.
All inquiries will be kept strictly confidential. Telephone: 860-443-8405
Send E-mail to Robert Silverstein: email@example.com